DFDS cruise ferries are brimming with entertainment and culinary options, offering accommodation in well-equipped cabins, each fitted with bunk beds, en suite facilities, a continental plug point, table, bedding, towels, hanging area for clothing and a mirror.
Linking Newcastle to the street cafes, Impressionist artwork and bicycle-lined streets of Amsterdam, the ships take sightseers on short-haul voyages where retail outlets, eateries, museums and numerous tourist attractions may be found.
Culinary options span the globe with a variety of buffet and a la carte specialities, while three well-stocked bars keep thirst under control. A spirited calendar of live events, live music at the Columbus Club, a cinema and a casino keep travellers entertained.
- Departure from Newcastle at 5pm
- Arrival at the IJmuiden terminal at 9:30am (CET)
- Departure from the IJmuiden terminal at 5:30pm (CET)
- Arrival back in Newcastle at 9am
Groupon’s Guide To Amsterdam
Sitting on the south bank of IJ Lake, Amsterdam is a port city connected to the North Sea, with Amstel River flowing from south to north. Mixing vibrant nightlife and many diverse festivals with Renaissance architecture and cultural events, Amsterdam, the capital city of the Netherlands, is a convenient spot for exploration and relaxation.
Guests can take a breath of fresh air with a stroll through the Erasmus Park, where ponds, gardens and local attractions make for a nice day in the sunshine. Moving inside, travellers can visit the Van Gogh Museum, which exhibits the works of the great master alongside pieces painted by his contemporaries. In this city of many tastes, tourists may enjoy Asian or Indonesian cuisine at one of the city’s restaurants or a dessert at one of the famous pancake houses, before renting a bicycle for a refreshing ride along the canals. Amsterdam also boasts shopping streets filled with a wide range of stores and street markets selling food and clothes.
The weather in the capital city of Netherlands features an oceanic climate, strongly influenced by the North Sea. The temperatures during the summer season are mild, with an average high of about 20°C. The city gets a great level of sunshine throughout the season. However, the average low temperature, especially in the evenings, reaches about 12°C. Starting from mid-September, autumn is a rainy and wet period, with October having an average of 13°C and November of 9°C. Amsterdam rarely sees the temperatures drop below 0°C in winter, with an average high around 5°C. The level of sunshine drops to one hour per day in December, but this improves as the season progresses. In the spring, the city warms up. Although March and April are still chilly, May is often very pleasant with highs reaching 20°C.
Option 1: for two people in two-berth cabin
- £85 with no meals
- £95 with breakfast on one way
- £119 with breakfast and dinner on one way
Option 2: for four people in four-berth cabin
- £140 with no meals
- £159 with breakfast on one way
- £210 with breakfast and dinner on one way
Prices are per cabin for 2 or 4 people, depending on option chosen; buy one voucher for 2 or 4 people.
What You Get
Included in all options:
- 2-night Newcastle-Amsterdam mini cruise with two- or four-berth cabin accommodation, as per option chosen (based on two or four people sharing)
Included in dedicated options:
- Breakfast on one way
- Breakfast and dinner on one way
See the options list at the end of ‘Getaways Report’ tab.
- Valid for arrivals on dates from 2 Dec 2019 – 30 Apr 2020.
- No modification or cancellation allowed after booking confirmation. Bookings are non-refundable and non-transferable to another destination once confirmed
- Departure address: DFDS, International Passenger Terminal, North Shields, Tyne and Wear, NE29 6EE
- Check-in opens 2.30pm; Check-in closes at 4:15pm
- Pets not permitted
- Staff speaks English
- The beds in the cabins are arranged as bunks
- Facilities in the cabin include: bedding, towels, en suite room with shower, basin and toilet, table, hanging area for clothing, mirror, continental plug point
- Please note that facilities and decor vary from ship to ship
- Upgrades to seaview available
Got a deal or giveaway you would like to tell us about? Share it here.
UK Deals And Giveaways use Affiliate links, This means we may earn commission from our links.
UK Deals And Giveaways is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for website owners to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com, audible.com, and any other website that may be affiliated with Amazon Service LLC Associates Program. As an Amazon Associate [I or we] earn from qualifying purchases.